Saturday 6 October 2012

Felting Frenzy

This afternoon I went to a dry felting workshop at The Bead Shop in Nottingham. I've been to a course there before, for my hen do actually, but this was the first of their open workshops I've been to. The room they hold them in is above their shop and is a lovely bright room with plenty of inspiration around in the form of sample makes on pinboards and crafting magazines on their well stocked shelves.

Our 'teacher' for the day, Emma, explained the basic techniques to us, asked us to sign a waiver (yikes!) then we were away. She was extremely helpful, guiding us along the way with hints and tips, but allowing us to experiment as we saw fit.

I ended up creating 6 felted beads (to be threaded for a bracelet) and had a go at a little owl at the end. I had to finish his eyes at home as I ran out of time, but we were allowed to take enough materials to finish our projects off, plus the needles we'd used.


It was so cathartic, spending 3 whole hours learning a new skill and I've come back feeling so energised and inspired.

The course cost £25 and included refreshments and materials, as well as a 10% off voucher to use in the shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment